Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Progress on individual assignments

Hey group,
Here is the place where you can update the rest of the group before Monday about what you have been working on all week! On Monday we will go into more detail about our individual assignments and collaborate to put them together! See you all Monday at 3!

4 comments:

  1. Hey all, here's what I have so far:

    enrollment: 6,900
    40% male, 60% female student population

    and a lot of other things that don't pertain to our project...

    I am still struggling to a lot of the other demographics that I think would be really helpful to us such as:

    # of commuters
    # of transfer students
    # of adult learners
    # of international students
    # of LBGT student and staff
    where geographically are UWRF students from?

    If anyone has any idea of where I can find any of this data, please let me know! I'm stumped right now.

    Also, I think it would be interesting to compare the demographics (once I find them) to the results of the Campus Climate survey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go to the Admissions office, I believe they have all of that information! At least where everyone geographically comes from! That would probably be a good place to start.. but I'll look as well! Great job---

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that non-traditional students could be reached by posting flyers in the bathrooms in classroom buildings as well as the library and UC. There could also be an email that gets sent out to all students at UWRF. This would obviously not cost anything, cause it's an email. The flyers would be pretty economical as well.

    I also think that informing professors would help a lot! Then they could inform the students in class and it would get the word out even more.

    Those are just my initial thoughts, but obviously love your thoughts as well! See you all on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the flyer, here's my favorite quote regarding diversity!
    "Diversity is the only thing we have in common."
    It's not necessarily focusing on discrimination but more on diversity, but I thought it's good because it's talking about sharing common thing instead of emphasizing on difference.
    I'll still try look for and come up with other phrases we can use!:)

    ReplyDelete